San Giovanni Maggiore Church
From Borgo San Lorenzo, we move north along Via Faentina through the small-cultivated hills. At a distance of about three kilometres, a cypress tree lined road moves left towards San Giovanni Maggiore Parish Church
, a 10th century structure which was reconstructed between 1520 and 1530, and later modified in the 19th century. The 11th century bell tower is interesting for its peculiar structure: although it is octagonal, it rests on a square base. Three sets of windows with one opening, of increasing size, run along the sides. Inside the church we find a wooden crucifix from the 16th century and a striking 12th century marble ambo. The glass panes are by Chini Manufacturing.
Open for Holy Mass. For information: Tel.+39 055 8403378
For all information about: www.itinerarioliberty.it