In the heart of the Tuscan-Romagna, Florence, Bologna and Imola, 600 meters above sea level and surrounded by secular woods of chestnut, oak and beech trees, is the ancient Abbey of Vallombrosa Moscheta, founded in 1034 by San Giovanni Gualberto and now owned by the Region of Tuscany.
An oasis of peace and tranquility surrounded by streams, woods, wild valleys and rolling pastures, crossed by paths of various types and difficulty.
A magical place to spend both days in the company that to stay in direct contact with nature and history. Moscheta is to live throughout the year: in the spring riding in the flower pastures in summer to cool off in the clear streams, autumn gathering mushrooms and brown, but also quiet winter to follow animal tracks in the snow.
Within the architectural complex of the Abbey are the Museum of the historical landscape of the Apennines, the laboratory CIAF, the multifunctional rooms, the hut, the farmhouse, the restaurant and the handling.