Lake Bilancino’s especially clean water is the perfect habitat for different fishes: carp, crucian carp, chub, black bass, and pike. There is also the presence of barbell, trout, and minnow, which come directly from the many streams that flow into the lake, as well as eel, tench, catfish, and bass. To maintain a certain natural equilibrium, and allow the fish to repopulate, fishing is not allowed everywhere on lake. (See map on the left).
To fish on the lake you need a licence and a membership card (free) with the rules and regulations of the lake, ("Bilancino fishing laws and regulations" L.R. n.25 - April 24, 1984), provided by the Province of Florence. Many fishing techniques are used. Deep fishing is appropriate for carp, while "English style" and “roubaisienne” styles are perfect for chub. Different rods, offer different fishing experiences: the Bologna style fishing rod, or the long fixed model, or the shorter rods for fishing "alborelle" (fresh water fish). Spinning is widely used for black bass and pike, while fly-fishing is best used where the streams meet and flow into the lake. Belly boat fishing is allowed, as is fishing from a row boat or boat with an electric motor.
The new rules for fishing in Lake Bilancino
The Provincial Council of Florence have changed the rules for fishing on Lake Sling. For fishing in the lake is enough to be in possession of a fishing license and a valid ID, while the card is no longer required for fishing in the Lake Bilancino.
The new rules for the PROTECTION ZONE OF BILANCINO predict, that in the case of bank not subject to the ban on fishing is allowed, as provided for in cyprinid waters by LR 7/2005, with the following additional restrictions: Withdrawal limits:
- No kill (obligation of immediate re-entry into the water) for the species: pike, tench, brown trout,-in other species limits apply sampling provided by DPGR 54/r/2005.
Means of fishing:
- Baiting is allowed up to a maximum of 2 kg / day per fisherman;
- It is forbidden to use fish alive or dead, or any part thereof, as bait;
- Fishing from a boat or donut, you must maintain a distance of at least 50 meters from
whether a bank Prohibition of Fishing;
- Movements in the water with the donut (belly boat) are allowed within a distance of
not more than 60 meters from the shore.
L.R. 7/2005 - D.P.G.R. 54/2005 Section 12
To know more click here.